Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My New Scarf

I finally finished the scarf I was working on.  The pattern was in the Fall 2009 issue of Quilts and More.

I used a woven homespun for the base, and sewed a LOT of 1-inch batik strips - 86 I think - on to both sides of the base fabric, 1 inch apart on each side.  Then I frayed each side by cutting in an inch, 1/4 inch apart on both sides.  Then I wet the scarf and tossed it in the dryer with a dry towel.  While it was not a difficult project, it involved a lot of sewing.  I'm happy with it.

And here is a portion of my Figgy Pudding project, in progress.  More to come later on that.



Lastly, my Day 3 recipe smells wonderful, it is cooking while I blog.  All I will say is, it involves caramelized onions.   YUM.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis! I can't wait to see your table runner when its finished! This is such an awesome fabric line. I hope you don't mind if I steal your idea. I haven't used much of what you gave me for my birthday and I can't wait to dig in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and ideas, I heart them all.