Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 2 of '30 Recipes in 30 Days'

Since I had some of the Green Herb Dip left over from yesterday, I decided to experiment with it in my lunch.    Today I made a Roasted Vegetable Wrap with Green Herb Dip spread for lunch.  I used some nice fresh, young asparagus, red and green peppers, baby bella mushrooms and scallions, and Cole Slaw mix. 

First, I cut the peppers into strips, and cut off an inch of the woody ends of the asparagus.  I left the scallion and the mushrooms whole.    I spread all of the vegetables on a cookie sheet.  While the oven was preheating to 350 degrees, I crushed a small clove of garlic, and mixed that with some olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.  I then drizzled the olive oil mixture over all of the vegetables, making sure everything got a light coating to prevent then from drying out.  Mushrooms do not hold up well for lengthy roasting, they dry out and shrivel, so make sure they are coated well. Pop them in the oven.



The house smelled wonderful in no time - roasting garlic will do that!

While the veggies were roasting, I spread some of the Green Herb Dip on one side of an 8-inch Honey Wheat tortilla and sat back and waited.  And got hungrier and hungrier.  Usually I use hummus in a wrap, but thought the dip would be a nice change.

I cooked the veggies for only about 10 minutes, then moved them to a plate to cool slightly.  I sliced the scallion length-wise, so I would not get a heavy bite of onion together, and cut off the dried up green end.  I also sliced the mushrooms and spread the veggies on my prepared tortilla.  Lastly, to add some cooler crunch, I topped the warm veggies with a small handful of cold Cole Slaw cabbage/carrot mix, that you can buy pre-bagged in the produce aisle.  I like this in wraps better than lettuce. 

Roll it up, cut it in half and you are now ready to eat.  It was delicious - I would eat this for lunch every day.

And for you quilters with a keen eye - Yes, that is some of Moda's Figgy Pudding line under my plate. Working on a small project that I will share when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and ideas, I heart them all.