Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Holy Cow, this month really got away from me.  Expect more of the same in December as well, I guess. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I think this holiday reminds people of what they have to be thankful for - but shouldn't we be doing that all year long? 

I love the image of a cornicopia. In addition to the colors of the rainbow, it signifies to me a great bounty of food we should be thankful for, especially in this economic period when more people are doing without.

I am thankful for my husband and children and grandchildren, and our good health and happiness.  I guess I should include the dog and cats in that, even though they can be trying. :)  I am thankful for our extended families and siblings.  I am thankful that my sisters share a love of crafts and sewing and thrift stores!  I am thankful that we are employed and can put food on the table and keep a roof over our heads.  I am thankful for my friends, and even though we don't see each other much, we can always pick up where we left off and rely on each other in a crisis.



 I am thankful for my coworkers and customers at the quilt shop who inspire me to be better at the craft and try new things. I am thankful that our washing machine is still hanging on (it is older than my last three kids, but owes us nothing at this point).  I am thankful I have the privilege of working from home, as it allowed me to spend time with Kara - a luxury I did not have when the other kids were young.  I am thankful that we have the opportunity to live free and especially thankful to our military who are serving to continue to allow us to do so. 

Have a great holiday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and ideas, I heart them all.